The mission of Hubert H. Bancroft Elementary School is to prepare each child with the skills needed to continue his/her education towards the choice of a successful career and success in life through achievement of high standards of performance. A comprehensive instructional program is offered to all students in an optimum learning environment.
Our overall goals are to:
- Develop the basic skills of reading, writing, speaking, listening, computing, and the ability to apply these skills to life situations.
- Develop a positive self-concept and a respect for other people.
- Develop a love of reading.
- Maintain a high level of parent-school-student cooperation.
- Develop skills in communicating effectively.
- Develop problem-solving, decision-making, and critical thinking skills, accomplished in part through the integration of science, technology and the artistic disciplines of music, dance, drama, and visual arts, into the daily curriculum.
As an elementary school in the Sacramento City Unified School District, Bancroft’s goal is to inspire and provide opportunities for all students to achieve high standards of academic performance for success in life and work.